What data we collect, why we collect it and who we share the data with
This section outlines the different types of data our website collects, why we need this data, and how long we retain this data.
Contact Form Submissions
Most data we collect is from the contact forms placed throughout our site. If you use these contact forms, we may collect the following data:
- Name — We use this so that we can address communication to the sender of the message.
- Email Address — We may respond to your message through email. For example, if you have asked any questions about an article on our site, we may respond via email.
- Phone Number — We may also have to follow up your message with a phone call. For example, for scheduling appointments, it is often easier to organize an appointment over telephone than email. It may also be necessary to discuss personal health information (PHI) which needs to be communicated through more secure channels than email.
- Preferred Clinic — We use this to help suggest appointment times which suit you.
- Any data in the custom message you write — This message should not contain any PHI as it will not be transmitted in such a method as to be suitable for PHI protected under HIPAA. (read more about how we store form submissions through the website below)
- Whether you are a new or existing patient — This is used to decide whether you should be asked to fill in the registration forms.
This website does not save any data on our own servers. Contact form submissions are emailed to our admin staff via SendGrid over en encrypted channel, much like if you had emailed us directly.
We want to make our site as easy for you to use as possible. If you've been a long-time patient, you might have noticed minor tweaks we've made on our website over the past few years. In order to make these adjustments and measure their effectiveness, we use Google Analytics.
Google Analytics collects data on how you interact with our web pages. For example, which links you click on or the route you take through the site. It uses first-party cookies to distinguish users and throttle requests to their servers.
ZocDoc Appointment Booking
Last Updated: 2023.07.05