Asthma and Respiratory Problems
Your Path to Respiratory Health Starts Here
Welcome to our Asthma and Respiratory Center, where your health is our priority. We specialize in diagnosing, managing, and treating a wide range of asthma and respiratory issues. Our dedicated team of respiratory specialists, therapists, and support staff are committed to providing you with comprehensive care for your unique needs at Asthma and Sinus Center Illinois.
Whether you are living with chronic asthma, struggling with vocal cord dysfunction, or facing other respiratory challenges, our experts are ready to work with you to develop a personalized treatment plan. With our evidence-based approach, we can help you manage your condition and enjoy a better quality of life.
Our suite of services is designed to provide comprehensive care for your respiratory health. They include:
- Body Plethysmography: An advanced diagnostic test that measures your lung volume and capacity. It helps us understand how well your lungs are functioning and is crucial for diagnosing various lung disorders.
- Spirometry: A simple test to measure how much and how quickly you can move air out of your lungs. It’s essential for diagnosing and monitoring conditions like asthma and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
- Fractional Exhaled Nitric Oxide (FeNO) Test: This non-invasive test measures the level of nitric oxide in your breath, which can be a sign of inflammation in the lungs. It’s a critical tool for diagnosing and managing asthma.
- Exercise Challenge: This test assesses how exercise affects your breathing. It helps diagnose exercise-induced asthma, a condition where physical exertion triggers asthma symptoms.
- Rhinolaryngoscopy: An advanced diagnostic procedure to examine the nose and throat. It can help identify issues such as nasal blockages or abnormalities in the larynx that may be affecting your breathing.
- Biologic Injections (Xolair, Nucala, Fasenra): These innovative therapies can provide relief for patients with severe asthma by targeting and reducing specific immune responses causing asthma symptoms.
- Breathing Exercises for Vocal Cord Dysfunction: Our therapists will guide you through specialized exercises designed to help manage vocal cord dysfunction, a condition where the vocal cords close instead of open when breathing.
Join Us On The Road To Better Health
At our Asthma and Respiratory Center, our aim is not just to treat your symptoms but to empower you with knowledge and tools to manage your condition effectively. We believe in partnering with our patients for their health journey, offering support, education, and comprehensive care at every step.
Breathe easier and live healthier. Reach out to us today to Schedule an Appointment or to learn more about our services. Our team is ready to help you take control of your respiratory health. Let’s take this journey together towards a breath-full, vibrant life.
What is the approach of the Asthma and Respiratory Center towards patient care?
At our Asthma and Respiratory Center, we believe in empowering patients with knowledge and tools to effectively manage their condition. We partner with our patients for their health journey, offering support, education, and comprehensive care at every step.
How does the Exercise Challenge test help with asthma diagnosis?
The Exercise Challenge test assesses how exercise affects your breathing and helps diagnose exercise-induced asthma. This condition occurs when physical exertion triggers asthma symptoms.
What services does the Asthma and Respiratory Center provide?
Our Asthma and Respiratory Center offers a range of services to diagnose and manage respiratory issues, including Body Plethysmography, Spirometry, Fractional Exhaled Nitric Oxide (FeNO) Test, Exercise Challenge, Rhinolaryngoscopy, Biologic Injections (Xolair, Nucala, Fasenra), and Breathing Exercises for Vocal Cord Dysfunction.
What are Breathing Exercises for Vocal Cord Dysfunction?
Breathing Exercises for Vocal Cord Dysfunction are specialized exercises guided by our therapists. These exercises are designed to help manage vocal cord dysfunction, a condition where the vocal cords close instead of open when breathing.
How do Biologic Injections (Xolair, Nucala, Fasenra) benefit patients with severe asthma?
Biologic Injections are innovative therapies that target and reduce specific immune responses causing asthma symptoms. These injections can provide relief for patients with severe asthma.